Stock photo. Brand new: lowest price The lowest-priced brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging where packaging is applicable. Will be clean, not soiled or stained. See details.
- The Europeanization of National Foreign Policy: Continuity and Change in European Crisis Management!
- Frommers Philadelphia & the Amish Country (2007) (Frommers Complete).
- Is Inheritance Legitimate?: Ethical and Economic Aspects of Wealth Transfers (Ethical Economy).
- Proceedings of the Fifth Workshop on Algorithm Engineering and Experiments (Proceedings in Applied Mathematics)!
- China - DK Travel Guides Top 10 - Hongkong;
- A Thomas Hardy Dictionary: with maps and a chronology.
See all 3 brand new listings. Buy It Now. Add to cart.
- Classical mechanics - Wikipedia.
- New foundations for classical mechanics / by David Hestenes | National Library of Australia?
- Algebra for the Utterly Confused.
- Aerospace Engineer Aprille Ericsson!
- Subscribe to RSS.
- Polymer Analysis.
Be the first to write a review About this product. About this product Product Information Providing an introduction to geometric algebra as a unified language for physics and mathematics, this text contains extensive applications to classical mechanics in a textbook format suitable for courses at an intermediate level. The text is supported by more than diagrams to help develop geometrical and physical intuition. Besides covering the standard material for a course on the mechanics of particles and rigid bodies, the book introduces co-ordinate-free methods for rotational dynamics and orbital mechanics, developing these subjects to a level well beyond that of other textbooks.
These methods have been widely applied in recent years to biomechanics and robotics, to computer vision and geometric design, to orbital mechanics in government and industrial space programmes, as well as to other branches of physics.
New foundations for classical mechanics (second edition)
The book applies them to the major perturbations in the solar system, including the planetary perturbations of Mercury's perihelion. Additional Product Features Number of Volumes.
Origins of Geometric Algebra. Developments in Geometric Algebra. Mechanics of a Single Particle.
New Foundations for Classical Mechanics / Edition 2
Central Forces and Two-Particle Systems. Operators and Transformations. Many-Particle Systems.
- Post-Jungians Today: Key Papers in Contemporary Analytical Psychology;
- New Foundations for Classical Mechanics | David Hestenes | Springer?
- Bearded Tit.
- Sapphique (Incarceron, Book 2).
- Account Options.
- Shop by category.
- Donate to arXiv.
Rigid Body Mechanics. Willard Gibbs, but for some applications of mechanics the algebra of complex numbers is more efficient than vector algebra, while in other applications matrix algebra works better. Geometric algebra integrates all these algebraic systems into a coherent mathematical language which not only retains the advantages of each special algebra but possesses powerful new capabilities.
New Foundations for Classical Mechanics
This book covers the fairly standard material for a course on the mechanics of particles and rigid bodies. However, it will be seen that geometric algebra brings new insights into the treatment of nearly every topic and produces simplifications that move the subject quickly to advanced levels. That has made it possible in this book to carry the treatment of two major topics in mechanics well beyond the level of other textbooks. A few words are in order about the unique treatment of these two topics, namely, rotational dynamics and celestial mechanics.
Have doubts regarding this product? Post your question. Safe and Secure Payments.